Runtime error.

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

mech09

Runtime error.

Post by mech09 »

Hello. Here it comes my story and how i get here :).
Recently i did an upgrade to a new ssd and i did a new fresh Windows install with all the updates and SP1 pack. My problem start when i tryed to install my preffered game witch is Crysis Wars. The game i bought it from EA/Origin digital way some years ago and, by the time , i did some changes in my computer configuration and my windows versions, so i was needed to install it many times and everytime without any problem. My problem is after i click on 'install' button on Origin application or i run the game setup.exe it get me this message: "Runtime error in setup script. Line 8: Acces violation at adress 753215DA in module 'version.dll'. Read of adress 00000004."
I tryed unninstall the Origin application and delete his registry and install+download the game again (by the EA advisors) > no result.
I tryed wiping my ssd and do another installation of my operative system and after i installed al my drivers and windows updates i tryed again > no result.
I tryed execute the setup.exe in compatibility mode (by some forums founded around the net) > no result.
I mention the i have the UAC disabled.
Today i found your program and i downloaded it and after a short scan i buyed it (anything to solve this problem). After various scans and fix of windows registry's i did an 'version.dll' file download and fix try but no result.
Since i remain without any ideas about what it could be i ask you for help.
My system configuration is:
O.S. Windows 7 x64 Professional SP1
Mobo Asus P8P67 WS Revolution B3
CPU I7 2600k
RAM 16Gb G.Skill 2133
SSD OCZ Vertex3
Hdd RAID0 x2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.14
GPU GTX550Ti SOC.
Oh, if i remember well, though i was having this problem long time ago on other Windows7 x64 but that was Ultimate version and i have no ideea how i get rid of this :(.
Thank you in advance and sorry for my grammar, i'm not a native english .

advertisement
DianneRoman

Re: Runtime error.

Post by DianneRoman »

No answer?(
Too bad! I have the same error and I absolutely don't know what to do about it!
Any help, please?

mech09

Re: Runtime error.

Post by mech09 »

Hey DianneRoman. I found what it was the problem and this app do nothing for solving it. It look like the SP1 for Windows 7 don't like much Crysis Wars. I mean all other parts of the series it installed well and without any issue but CW not. The ideal solution is a fresh install of Windows and before installing the SP1 update MUST install the game. It will give some annoying issues while you play but it can be installed 8) . Another solution is to unninstall SP1 update and install the game. Not tested yet but in theory may work. I solve it for the moment in other way but this one can give some issues with CW Sandbox2 lybraries. Since i have the same game installed in other computer with Windows 7 Ultimate x 64 SP1 i just copy the entire game folder installation and i play in this way. For me is an temporary solution since i will reinstall Windows in few months when i will migrate to an SSD RAID0 configuration :lol: .
I hope this information will help you.