dll file already loaded

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

F.Dutton

dll file already loaded

Post by F.Dutton »

A program I am trying to run gives an error report that msvcr100.dll is missing. I down load this file and during the installation I get the report that the file already exists and do I want to overwrite it, to which I reply "yes". I then get the report that the file has been successfully loaded. When I then try to run my program it gives the same error message that msvcr100.dll is missing.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: dll file already loaded

Post by DllAdmin »

Hello,

Assuming you have installed the msvcr100.dll using default settings (install recommended) in the DLL-Files Fixer, and are using a 64bit Windows system, you have actually installed two copies of the dll .
A 32bit version to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\, the default folder for 32bit dll-files on a 64bit Windows system,
and a 64bit version to C:\Windows\System32\ .

If on a 32bit Windows system, msvcr100.dll has been instaleld in C:\Windows\System32\

If this did not help your issue, try placing a copy of the dll in the same folder as the program requesting it, making sure you use a 32bit dll for a 32bit program, an vice versa.
Ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\program name\msvcr100.dll

You can do this is in the DLL-Files Fixer:
http://blog.dll-files.com/wp-content/up ... tions2.png

This dll-file is a part of the "Microsoft Visual C++ 10.0 redistributable package".
If replacing this single file does not help, re-install the complete package.

If using a 32bit (x86) Windows system, install the 32bit (x86) version.
If using a 64bit (x64) Windows system, install both the 32bit (x86), and the 64bit (x64) versions.

Available from Microsoft at;
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Regards
Erik
DLL-Files.com