a dll file cannot be pasted ONLY onto my PC!!

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

chamindra

a dll file cannot be pasted ONLY onto my PC!!

Post by chamindra »

i recently purchased a pc game that came with an ISO file which needed to be mounted and a dll file which needed to be copied from the dvd to the installed directory. well it didnt work. an error message comes up saying that it cannot be pasted either due the disk being write protected, file in use and blah blah. but it got pasted in other pcs. i even copy pasted the dll file to a pen drive and tried it that way. and still when i try to copy paste onto my hard drive error messages come such as the one i mentioned before or "cannot read from source" and the dll has disappeared too from the pen drive !!!!

and then i purchased different copies of the game each which had a dll file to be pasted after installation, and not a single one could be pasted in my installed directory although they work fine in other pc s.

please HELP???

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: a dll file cannot be pasted ONLY onto my PC!!

Post by DllAdmin »

What is the dll file name? Can you download it from our site? Also tell us what Windows version are you using!?

You should check the Permissions on the folder you are trying to paste the dll file. Follow this steps to see what permissions you have for the user you are trying to solve the problem.

On NTFS volumes, you can set security permissions on files and folders. These permissions grant or deny access to the files and folders. You can view security permissions for files and folders by completing the following steps:
In Windows Explorer, right-click the file or folder you want to work with.
From the pop-up menu, select Properties, and then in the Properties dialog box click the Security tab.
In the Name list box, select the user, contact, computer, or group whose permissions you want to view. If the permissions are dimmed, it means the permissions are inherited from a parent object.

For more information regarding permissions and what should they be set, read here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 27008.aspx

chamindra

Post by chamindra »

hey thanks for replying.
the name of the file is paul.dll size is about 413kb and im using windows XP. the game is lego pirates of the carribean. the game file comes to about 7.7GB. the game installs, dll pastes and game works PERFECTLY on other pc s with much lower hardware specs. but not on mine!!! it just WONT let me paste the dll file ANYWHERE on my pc!!!

DllAdmin
Site Admin

Post by DllAdmin »

Did you try with permissions (described in previous reply). It might also be that you have got infected by a virus! Or maybe you have accidentally deleted a system file. Try to run an antivirus software (update it first). If it does not work, try to Repair Install Windows XP (that will not delete your files/programs).

chamindra

Post by chamindra »

ok i will try that. thanks a mill.