Missing Msiotg32.dll

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

icetana

Missing Msiotg32.dll

Post by icetana »

Can anyone tell me what this is?? I've been searching online but this kind of dll doesn't seam to exsist anywhere! I have a new Samsung laptop with Intel Core i5 processor @ 2.67 Ghz, and 64-bit operating sistem with Windows 7. I had some problems with my graphic card NVidia GForce and my display was flashing plus media players like BS player, were freezing so I've downloaded Registry Booster and driver scanner. After using this software and updating drivers- problems I had with graphic card were gone but then I started getting a message ' Missing Msiotg32.dll or not found' on sistem startup. I've tried using Wondershare 1-Click PC care hoping that it'll detect the problem but it didn't help. Not sure what to do now or how serious this problem is? I'm hoping to fix it myself cause if I take the laptop to service it'll take days to get it back and I need it daily for my work so I can't afford not having it. Please help!
Thank you!

advertisement
icetana

Re: Missing Msiotg32.dll

Post by icetana »

I was trying to edit my post but can't seam to work that out so I'm writing a correction here- the message I'm getting is 'There was a problem starting Msiotg32.dll, the specified module can't be found'

DllAdmin
Site Admin

Post by DllAdmin »

Hello.

I tried searching around a bit for the file you specified, but there's only three hits on google and they are all the forum post you wrote above.

Is it possible that you misspelled the filename?

icetana

Post by icetana »

Hey, thanks for checking! I also thought that I've misspelled the name but no, that's it! Very strange as this dll file doesn't seam to exist anywhere else except on my computer :) Could it be a virus? But I did complete scan and didn't find anything... Basically my comp. is working fine, I don't see any problems except when I'm watching a video- player blocks sometimes but that's it. And the message comes up only on system startup..strange

DllAdmin
Site Admin

Post by DllAdmin »

If it's only displayed at startup, here's something you can do to try and pinpoint what it is that's causing the errormessage.

Open the startmenu and type "msconfig" without the quotation marks. This should show one result simply called "msconfig.exe". Start that program.

In the new window that comes up, you'll have a tab called "Autostart". This lists all the programs that start up automatically when Windows starts. De-select all of them, there's a button for that in the lower right corner of the program. Reboot your computer and the errormessage should no longer appear.

Then what you'll have to do is open up msconfig again, select one of the objects in Autostart, reboot your computer to see if the errormessage pops up again. It will probably take some time to do that with all the programs, but eventually you should find out what it is that's causing the errormessage.

icetana

Post by icetana »

Thank you!! Not only you helped me get rid of dll message but now my system starts in speed of light! :)) Did what you suggested and found 'MISDLL' application by unknown publisher. Immediately knew that this one was to blame :) Disabled it, rebooted and- problem gone! But beside that I had tones of other unnecessary applications running on system startup so I disabled them also. 8) Thanks again!! :D :D

eileentong12

Post by eileentong12 »

I was trying to edit my post but can't seam to work that out so I'm writing a correction here- the message I'm getting is 'There was a problem starting Msiotg32.dll, the specified module can't be found'