I get a missing .dll error when i start my PC... :(

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

C2aimar123

I get a missing .dll error when i start my PC... :(

Post by C2aimar123 »

Hello!

Whenever i start my PC, I get this error:

RunDLL

"There was a problem starting msiffz32.dll

Määratud moodulit ei leidunud"

That last part means sth along the lines of: appointed module wasnt found

What could be the problem here? I searched for the .dll in the list but didnt find it...
It doesnt seem to be anything important cause everything works just fine. the error is just annoying.. any way to get rid of it?

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: I get a missing .dll error when i start my PC... :(

Post by DllAdmin »

Hello.

I tried searching for the DLL-file on google to see if anyone else has a similar error. Google found no results at all for msiffz32.dll, are you sure you spelled the name correct?

The only way to find out which program it belongs to is to go to the Startmenu. If you have Windows XP you then have to press the "Run..." option and then type "msconfig". If you have Vista or 7 you can just type "msconfig" in the Startmenu search field and you will get one result simply called "msconfig".
When you start msconfig you'll get a new window, there should be a tab there called Autostart. That list will show all the programs that start up when Windows is started. You should have a button to "Disable all". Press that, then click Apply and reboot your computer. The message should now be gone. Now you have to go to msconfig and Autostart again, enable one item, and reboot your computer. Keep doing that until the message comes back, and then you should know that the last program you enabled is the one causing the error.
From there you should reinstall the program if it's something you need, or uninstall it if it's not something you need.

HopkinsSheena

Re: I get a missing .dll error when i start my PC... :(

Post by HopkinsSheena »

Dlladmin, thanks so much for this answer. To tell the truth, I am not experienced in computers at all. When I just bought it, my BF helped me with it, now we're broken, so I need to do everything myself.
That's why your help is quite in time, thanks!
And I also want to share one good program, if someone needs it, it's all about
mov to avi conversion: http://movtoaviconverter.org/ .