sysmenu.dll is missing error

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

JujuBaah

sysmenu.dll is missing error

Post by JujuBaah »

Hi,

Allways when I start Windows, get error "sysmenu.dll not found!".
could not find in DLL-Files Fixer, file sysmenu.
How to fix?

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: sysmenu.dll is missing error

Post by DllAdmin »

Getting an error for missing "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\sysmenu.dll" at Windows startup?

This is a fairly common error and there are two known causes for this error, but both cases have the same solution:

1. sysmenu.dll has been identified as related to Adware programs (typically a browser add-on that inserts ads on to pages you visit) and has probably been identified as a threat by your Antivirus, and subsequently been removed. You should be able to verify this in your Antivirus log. These are threat names given to this file by some Antivirus; ADWARE/Adware.Gen7, Skodna.A8D, PUA.OptionalInst.Goobzo, Win32/Trojan.Adware.37e, Goobzo (fs).

The simplest way to get rid of the error, is to stop Windows from attempting to load this file at startup.

2. Alternatively, this errors is possibly due to a case of a leftover entry created during software update, most notably after updating from Win8 to Win 8.1.

The simplest way to get rid of the error, is to stop Windows from attempting to load this file at startup.

If you are facing a different situation and a different known program is demanding this file (typically referenced in the error message) contact our support by submitting a ticket above and we can give more specialized help.

To get rid of error 1 & 2 described above:

1. Download the free program Autoruns by Microsoft.

Click Here: http://download.sysinternals.com/files/Autoruns.zip

Link basis: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 63902.aspx

2. Run Autoruns (as admin) and find the yellow highlighted Image Paths that ends with sysmenu.dll. Usually you can locate those image paths from the tab named "Scheduled Task".

3. Right click any yellow highlighted row ending with sysmenu.dll and choose delete.

4. Try to find all yellow highlighted Image Paths that ends with sysmenu.dll from "Everything" tab, delete them.

NOTE: Carefully choose image paths that ends sysmenu.dll only, if you deleted paths that are not highlighted then it might cause some trouble booting your PC.

5. Reboot Computer

6. Wait at least 5 minutes to confirm that the issue has been resolved. (sysmenu.dll usually appears within a minute from rebooting the computer. )

stef

Post by stef »

well i couln't find anything ending in sysmenu.dll , however it did find the file toabort.dll,and toadd.exe the toabort.dll is the error i'm getting, and the toadd.exe is part of that same folder, tousen76.

Should i just go ahead and delete them, plus there were a few other files highlited in yellow.

DllAdmin
Site Admin

Post by DllAdmin »

stef wrote:well i couln't find anything ending in sysmenu.dll , however it did find the file toabort.dll,and toadd.exe the toabort.dll is the error i'm getting, and the toadd.exe is part of that same folder, tousen76.

Should i just go ahead and delete them, plus there were a few other files highlited in yellow.
Hi Stef,

I am sorry that I was unclear.

To solve issue regarding error for missing toabort.dll, remove any mentions of toabort.dll in the Autostarts app.