Weird POP-UP

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

Colin

Weird POP-UP

Post by Colin »

Hello Everyone,

I am your latest 'newbie'!

I was writing an email on my desktop and suddenly received a pop-up message asking my permission for a programme to ask a question.

I was invited to click to find out the message, I clicked and was given a blank page with a small square at the top left side.

There was a couple of blank activation spaces with a number below.

I wrote the numbers down and had just finished writing when the page and all disappeared.

I then found the .dll webpage and tried to find what the numbers and letters etc referred to but they were not recognised. In fact even though I had written the same details as I write below, I was told to enter a reference ending with ".dll" - which I had done!

I copy the details below in case anyone can enlighten me as to what they refer to.

There was no "c:\" at the beginning, also no error message, and I do not remember any mention of any programme.

5b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_41e855142bd5705d\ comctl32.dll

I have no idea what it is or what is is intended for, I only write to enquire if anyone can advise me about it, I have not demanded any files and it has no meaning to me.

Thank you for any assistance.

Colin.