DLL FILE INSTALLATION GUIDE

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

phase866

DLL FILE INSTALLATION GUIDE

Post by phase866 »

I apologize if this question has been answered in a guide or another thread. Essentially, I am attempting to run multiple games with the error messages: XAPOFX1_5.dll and X3DAudio1_7.dll was not found. reinstalling program may fix this problem.

I am not a computing expert but have managed to get this far on my own: downloaded the zips for both files from this trusted site. Now that I have both .dll files, where do they need to be placed? I was told that they needed to go in the game's installation directory. However, I do not know how to find this.

Is this something that my computer is missing, or the game itself? And where is the .dll file's final destination so that I can run the games?

Appreciating any help.
All the best,
Phase866

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: DLL FILE INSTALLATION GUIDE

Post by DllAdmin »

When you installed the game, you usually gets the opportunity to choose the location of the game.
It's usually in c:/program files/NAME OF THE GAME/

If that does not help your problem, place the file to your system directory.
By default, this is
C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me),
C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or
C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).

On a 64bit version of Windows, the default folder for 32bit DLL-files is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ , and for 64bit dll-files C:\Windows\System32\ .
Make sure to overwrite any existing files (but make a backup copy of the original file).

Reboot your computer and it should work.

mikeydejesus

Re: DLL FILE INSTALLATION GUIDE

Post by mikeydejesus »

Those dll files are not missed by your computer, its the game that should come with it. Either the antivirus quarantined those files or the game didn't have it.