MSVCR120.dll

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

Fox-Wolf

MSVCR120.dll

Post by Fox-Wolf »

When I start my computer the System Error:

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I have installed MSVCR120.dll, when I installed it it said the file was already on my computer and asked if I wanted to overwrite it. I did overwrite it. The problem is not fixed and the System Error still pops up when I start my computer.

Can you provide guidance on what I should try next? Thank you!

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: MSVCR120.dll

Post by DllAdmin »

Step 1

Open the zip-file you downloaded from DLL-files.com .
Extract the DLL-file to a location on your computer.

After extracting your zip-file, place the extracted DLL-file in the directory of the program that is requesting the file. Make sure to use a 32bit DLL-file for a 32bit program, and a 64bit DLL-file for a 64bit program. Failure to do so will likely result in a 0xc000007b error.

Step 2

If that does not help your problem, place the file to your system directory.

By default, this is

C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me),

C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or

C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).

On a 64bit version of Windows, the default folder for 32bit DLL-files is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ , and for 64bit dll-files C:\Windows\System32\ .

Make sure to overwrite any existing files (but make a backup copy of the original file).

Reboot your computer.

Step 3

If the problem still occurs, try the following to register the DLL-file:

For 32bit DLL-files on a 32bit Windows, and for 64bit DLL-files on a 64bit Windows:

Open an elevated command prompt.
To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click "Command Prompt", and then click Run as administrator.
In Windows 8/10, go to the Start screen. Start typing cmd and Windows will find "Command Prompt". Right click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator".
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
Type regsvr32 "filename".dll and press Enter.
Registering 32bit DLL-files on a 64bit Windows:

Open an elevated command prompt, as instructed above.
In the command prompt, start by typing following and press enter:
cd c:\windows\syswow64\
then type the following and press enter:
regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\"filename".dll
Finally, reboot your PC one last time to refresh the memory. That should do it!

gromit

Re: MSVCRT.dll

Post by gromit »

I have spent an hour or two replacing MSVCRT.dll with successively older versions, trying to resolve a "VSPRINTF_S entry point could not be located". I finally realized that each time,a couple of seconds after I overwrote the MSVCRT.dll with another version, the version spontaneously reverted to the original version! What gives, and how can I get to try other versions?