Gdiplus.dll file

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

ethan1231

Gdiplus.dll file

Post by ethan1231 »

Recently a the gdiplus.dll file on my computer has went missing. I have tried every way there is to fix it. I downloaded the dll file from this webite and put it in the correct place and ran the "regsvr32 gdiplus.dll" command andit says the entry point was found but it was not loaded.

I even tried downloading the free trial of the dll fixer and when I try to run it It comes up with an error saying that the program cannot run because the gdiplus.dll file is missing from my computer which is frustrating because I downloaded it to fix that.

Is there another way I could go about fixing this?

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Gdiplus.dll file

Post by DllAdmin »

Hi Ethan,

What is the exact and complete error message you get regarding this file?
When do you get this error?
Which program is requesting this file?

What have you tried so far for solving this error?

you could try Windows built in System Files Checker tool, SFC.

Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
On Windows 8 and later, press start, and type CMD. right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Also make sure you are up to date on your MS Visual C++ redistributable packages;
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003
If using a 64bit (x64) system, install both 32bit (x86) and 64bit (x64).

Best regards
Erik
DLL-Files.com

ethan1231

Post by ethan1231 »

DllAdmin wrote:Hi Ethan,

What is the exact and complete error message you get regarding this file?
When do you get this error?
Which program is requesting this file?

What have you tried so far for solving this error?

you could try Windows built in System Files Checker tool, SFC.

Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
On Windows 8 and later, press start, and type CMD. right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Also make sure you are up to date on your MS Visual C++ redistributable packages;

Best regards
Erik
DLL-Files.com

I got this error about a week or two ago and all it says is that the program cannot run because the gdiplus file is missing from my computer which is missing from pretty much everything I try to run

I tried running the "regsvr32 gdiplus.dll" command and this popup appears that says "The module "gdiplus.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that "gdiplus.dll"is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I then tried what you said by using the "sfc /scannow" command and when it got to about 72% complete the prompt said "Windows Resource Protection found currupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Is there something I am completely missing or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for trying to help me with my problem

DllAdmin
Site Admin

Post by DllAdmin »

Hi Ethan,

What is the exact and complete error message you get regarding this file? As in, Exact and complete?
When do you get this error? When logging on to Windows? Only when trying certain programs? Only when trying specific tasks in programs?
Which program is requesting this file? Look for Program.EXE in the error message. Often typed out in the title bar of the error message window.

Regarding SFC, try running it at least three times. Seems it can often repair a little bit at a time.

How to properly register a dll-file;
For 32bit dll-files on a 32bit Windows, and for 64bit dll-files on a 64bit Windows:
Open an elevated command prompt.
To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click "Command Prompt", and then click Run as administrator.
In Windows 8, go to the Start screen. Start typing cmd and Windows will find "Command Prompt". Right click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

Type regsvr32 <<fullpathtofile>>.dll and press Enter. Replace <<fullpathtofile>> with actual path to file. Ex. RegSvr32 C:\Windows\System32\gdiplus.dll

Registering 32bit dll-files on a 64bit windows:
Open an elevated command prompt, as instructed above.
In the command prompt, start by typing :
cd c:\windows\syswow64\
and press enter.
then type the following and press enter:
regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\gdiplus.dll

Make sure you are up to date on your MS Visual C++ redistributable packages;

Best regards
Erik
DLL-Files.com