Installation problem with Qt5Core.dll download

Ask for support related to our software "DLL-files.com Client"

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

FLB

Installation problem with Qt5Core.dll download

Post by FLB »

This topic is concerning the download and installation of Qt5Core.dll file to fix a Windows 10 problem. I followed the instructions included in the article "Fix: Qt5Core.dll Is Missing Error in Windows 10/11". I t download and install this Qt5Core.dll file according to the above insructions. So there is not confusion regarding the downloaded file, I downloaded the Zipped file qt5core. After downloading and unzipping I get another folder called qt5core, not what was shown in the instruction which should have the file Qt5Core.dll. Inside this folder, the following files are found: Qt5Core.dll, Qt5Core-Shortcut, README-Shortcut, and README. I copied the "Qt5Core.dll" file and pasted it in two locations: C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Is this correct? Read below why I need this file.

The need to install the Qt5Core.dll is to permit the installation of another file (AS_HONEYCOMB_XP11_WIN). The Honeycomb file is supposed to allow the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle (a flight sim device/joystick) to interface with X-Plane 11 Flight Simulator software. The Honeycomb software with the aid of the Qt5Core.dll is supposed to install a file in the X-Plane directory shown here: C:\X-Plane\Resources\plugins\AFC_Bridge\honeycomb_profiles. This file is never installed after several installation attempts leading me to believe that I have not installed Qt5Core.dll correctly, or I copied and pasted the wrong file. Please advise if I did install the .dll file correctly, or do I need to re-install.

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Installation problem with Qt5Core.dll download

Post by DllAdmin »

Hello,
Did you download the file from our website on the following link?
https://www.dll-files.com/qt5core.dll.html
If you unzip that file, you shouldn't automatically receive any shortcut-files.

As a first alternative, you should always try to put the files in the directory of the software that is requesting the file. If that doesn't work, put it in:
C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me),
C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or
C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).

On a 64bit version of Windows, the default folder for 32bit DLL-files is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ , and for 64bit dll-files C:\Windows\System32\ .

Then reboot your computer. That should solve it.

FLB

Re: Installation problem with Qt5Core.dll download

Post by FLB »

Okay. That is good to hear. I think I did right now. Thank you for the feedback.