-- installing .dll --

Ask for support related to our software "DLL-files.com Client"

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

shepaug

-- installing .dll --

Post by shepaug »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This can.t be too off-topic as it relates to .dll's.

I am unfamiliar with installing such. I know I have done it in the past but I think I had better instructions.

I decides to look at available 'freeware' as it has been a long time. A lot of useful program for FREE.

I start getting .dll error messages from some of these programs. Like Image Magick. I am on a 64 bit?) computer now with Windows 8.1. I choose the 64 download. Error message on trying to load the program after installing the .exe. Missing jpeg62.dll OK..I end up here and download jpeg62.dll Instructions..none but installing in program (where?) or Windows/system32 folder. I try the last option and I can't save because the computer says I can't save anywhere but some higher directory because I need administrator privileges.

I have been through this with other computers. I just spent forever snooping my computer and security etc. I am signed in as administrator. (maybe I can move file there later..from higher directory)

Simple question I think. I can getting these .dll error messages often so I do need to solve the inability to save anywhere.

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: -- installing .dll --

Post by DllAdmin »

I pasted this from our FAQ at https://www.dll-files.com/support/:

For 32bit DLL-files on a 32bit Windows, and for 64bit DLL-files on a 64bit Windows:

Open an elevated command prompt.
To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click "Command Prompt", and then click Run as administrator.
In Windows 8/10, go to the Start screen. Start typing cmd and Windows will find "Command Prompt". Right click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator".
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
Type regsvr32 "filename".dll and press Enter.
Registering 32bit DLL-files on a 64bit Windows:

Open an elevated command prompt, as instructed above.
In the command prompt, start by typing following and press enter:
cd c:\windows\syswow64\
then type the following and press enter:
regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\"filename".dll
Finally, reboot your PC one last time to refresh the memory. That should do it!