mssrch.dll issue causing major problems with my system

Ask for support related to our software "DLL-files.com Client"

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

2talll

mssrch.dll issue causing major problems with my system

Post by 2talll »

So this morning I got a couple errors saying my memory was low and application could not be executed. So I run the memory diagnosis to try to figure it out. Finds no errors and system restarts. However, now, WINDOWS won't open- I get the login screen and once I add my PIN i get a black screen. I open task manager and run explorer.exe- which tries to open but the taskbar would appear for a couple seconds and then disappear on a continual loop. I try safe mode and it says SIHOST.EXE- System warning Unknown Hard Error. Not even sure what I did next but I think I tried restarting at that point and got an error saying C:\\WINDOWS\system32\mssrch.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using .... Error status 0xc0000020

I try reinstalling windows and windows opens BUT the windows icon and search bar doesn't work at, it tells me I have no program associated to run any of the MS Settings such as personalizing the desktop etc. I downloaded a new mssrch.dll and attempted to put it in the System32 folder but its saying I need to have admin privileges and when I click the admin icon it doesn't do anything and I get an error saying destination folder access denied.

I legit want to toss the computer out the window at this point! I also cannot believe that windows would tell me resetting windows would save all my personal files but fails to warn me I'd lose all my installed programs, personalizations, fonts and all saved stuff in my Firefox such as bookmarks. I want to cry!!!!