MRVCR71.DLL missing file

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

simon

MRVCR71.DLL missing file

Post by simon »

Hi folks
having problems with this dll file being missing....i believe it is something to do with the Java6 update etc

I get this error message after downloading and installing Emerald Breenfife viewer, which I use in second life game

I get the message:
'The application has failed to start because MRVCR71.DLLwas not found. Rinstalling this application may fix the problem'

Obviously i did that and uninstalled the viiewer etc, but did not work
I tried downloading the .dll file, but this is where i am lost, as i do not know how to go about installing it in coerrct place and the instructions i find are confusing; as a novice!!!

1. should i be down loading the Visual Basic 6 update patch and putting it somewhere
or
2. downloading the .dll file, (although i'm sure i am supposed to do this anyway), the missing .dll file

If it is the dll file. Should I be browsing to the appropiate folder - in this case the Greenlife Emerald folder and placing it there somewhere - or somethig else?

I am a novice at these things, so any walkthrough would be mos appreciated. Thanks

btw, I am using Vista Home Prem

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated
Simon