.dll corruption

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

Montyh7

.dll corruption

Post by Montyh7 »

c:\Windows\ Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
c:\Windows\ Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I get this error when I try to troubleshoot any application in windows, even with Matsboot.exe and now it is starting to prevent other applications from running as well.
I have rebooted in safe mode - no change.
I have run the SFC command
I have made no recent changes to my computer

I have purchased the DLL-files package and it tells me I do not have a problem with my registry files (I did, but it cleaned them up.. which is great), but when I run cmd sfc/scannow - I still get a long list of issues in my CBS.log.. and it all seems to come back the above .dll. I am running window 7 64bit system which is running on Framework 4 - this has been updated yesterday... the above problem started about a week or two ago.. I have not changed anything of which I am aware on the computer....

Would appreciate some help - thank you

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: .dll corruption

Post by DllAdmin »

Hi Montyh7,

The scan and repair function in the DLL-Files Fixer only takes care of your registry.
To download and install dll-files with the fixer, follow these steps;
*Start the Fixer
*Click the "Install DLL Files"-tab
*Type the name of the file you need, and press search
*To download and install, just click on the appropriate file-name in the search results.

Since most dll-files go in your \windows\system32\ folder, this is where the DLL-Files Fixer places the downloaded copy. For mscorwks.dll, you need to replace the file with an error, with the downloaded file from \windows\system32\. (Since you are using x64 Windows, the file might also be placed in \windows\syswow64\)

Sincerely
Erik
DLL-Files.com