ntdll.dll install failed.

Ask for support related to our software "DLL-files.com Client"

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

what-hapen

ntdll.dll install failed.

Post by what-hapen »

Hello,

I recently came across a problem where the ntdll.dll file has been causing a lot of programs to crash as soon as they are launched. Naturally, I purchased the client in order to tackle this, but now it is saying that the install has failed without any further information.
This has now become quite a problem for me, as it is causing all of AMD's software to crash, as well as Malwarebytes and various other programs that I like to use.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, if my specs are needed.

Any help with fixing this file would be immensely appreciated.

advertisement
DllAdmin
Site Admin

Re: ntdll.dll install failed.

Post by DllAdmin »

Hello what-hapen,

The file ntdll.dll is one of the core files of a Windows system.
When using Windows, this file is in use.

You can not overwrite a file that is in use.

Since this file is crucial for the correct operation of Windows, I do not believe Windows would even start if this file was damaged.

This is an APPCRASH error?

Those are commonly not caused by the mentioned dll file, this is only where the program stops.

You mentioned having problems with AMD software?

Make sure you are using the latest available drivers and software for your AMD graphics card.
Make sure there are no strange settings that might not be compatible with the programs you are trying to run. Ex. overclocking.

Make sure you are up to date with Windows updates.

Best regards
Erik
DLL-Files.com

what-hapen

Re: ntdll.dll install failed.

Post by what-hapen »

The error log shows that it is an APPCRASH error, but also that the module at fault is ntdll.dll.

I can't update any drivers or software for my graphics card, as its software crashes on startup.

My last windows update, including the optional ones, was right before I made the original post.

If nothing else is going to work, then I will just have to purchase a new operating system disc and launch a system repair. If there are no other thoughts or options on the matter, then I will just go with that. Thank you for your help anyway.