wireless config-notification dll has not been registered

Here you can find everything you need to know about Dll-Files. You can also share your knowledge regarding the topic.

Moderators: DllAdmin, DLLADMIN ONLY

jhess56

wireless config-notification dll has not been registered

Post by jhess56 »

hi guys, running winxp

i tried tweaking some startup stuff to cut down on what was running to help speed up my comp

and deleted some old unused programs, which i think may have contained the now problematic dll file

dunno what i did wrong as i thought i turned everything back to the way it was but im still getting this stupid error

"Notification dll has not been registered program will not work correctly"

immediate upon bootup and starting to access my desktop

i cant drag and drop anything on my desktop and this is not only a pain in the but, its also preventing me from trying a technique i found to drag and drop the dll file to hopefully reg and fix it

i have downloaded notification.dll files i found online and created a shortcut to them from my desktop into my system32 folder since i cannot drag and drop.then i run regsvr32 notification.dll but cannot seem to get it to work to register it yet...

network connections is empty

tried a few other fixes i found elsewhere,none worked and gave me this message when i tried

ethernet adapter wireless network connection 2:
media state........:media disconnected

ethernet adapter local area connection:
media state........:media disconnected

and if its relevant and helps solve it, as soon as i hit enter, i can get around on my desktop,yet immediately it pops up not one but two of the same folders system32

and in the services section,it will not let me start alot of the various services that seem like they need to be running to access my wireless stuff ie

* Remote procedure call (RPC)
(This service must be started before other services can take effect.).
* Network Connections
(This service can only start if the RPC service is active.)
* Plug and Play
* COM+ Event System
(This service can only start if the RPC service is active.)
* Remote Access Connection Manager
(This service can only start if Telephony service is active.)
* Telephony
(This service can only start if the RPC service and the PnP Service are active.)

Those are not running and i know that is part of the problem but when i click on 'start' i get this error message. very frustrating!

"could not start the xxx service on local computer. error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start"

unfortunately i had system restore off so there are no restore points

i saw this tip elsewhere but am not sure how to implement it?

Great tip Pavel. That got it. The file assoicated with the Wireless
Configuration popup error is the DW WLAN Card Wirless Network Controller
exe
file - bcmwltry.exe. The notification dll the popup is assoicated with
\system32\wltrynt.dll (Wireless Notification Provider). Once I registered
wltrynt.dll, no more popup and the wireless worked immediately.

any help is appreciated,thanks